Our healthcare approach is shaped by leading research in oxygen and sleep apnea therapies. Learn more about their studied effects, and how they can dramatically improve your patients’ lives.
Increased quality of life and survival rates
- Continuous or Nocturnal Oxygen Therapy in Hypoxemic Chronic Obstructive Lung Disease: A Clinical Trial in Annals of Internal Medicine, 1980; 93(3): 391 – 398
- Report from the Medical Research Council Working Party. Long Term Domiciliary Oxygen Therapy In Chronic Hypoxic Cor Pulmonale Complicating Chronic Bronchitis And Emphysema in The Lancet, Volume 317, No. 8222, 681 – 686, March 198
- Petty T, Supportive Therapy in COPD in Chest, 1998; 113(4_supplement); 256S-262S
- Cottrell J, et al. Home Oxygen Therapy : A Comparison of 2- vs 6-Month Patient Reevaluation in Chest, 1995;107 (2):358-361
- Ringbaek TJ, et al. Does long-term oxygen therapy reduce hospitalisation in hypoxaemic chronic obstructive pulmonary disease? in European Respiratory Journal, 2002; 20:1, 38–42
Sleep Apnea Therapy
Studies show that CPAP therapy can help your patients with obstructive sleep apnea improve their quality of life, relationships and overall health.
- Weaver TE, Grunstein RR. Adherence to Continuous Positive Airway Pressure Therapy: The Challenge to Effective Treatment. Proceedings of the American Thoractic Society. 2008;5(2):173-178.
- Sedkaoui et al. BMC Pulmonary Medicine (2015) 15:102. Efficiency of a phone coaching program on adherence to continuous positive airway pressure in sleep apnea hypopnea syndrome: a randomized trial
- Dianne Richards, BSocSci (Hons); Delwyn J Bartlett, Ph; Keith Wong, MBBS; John Malouff, PhD ; Ronald R Grunstein, MD, Increased Adherence to CPAP With a Group Cognitive Behavioral Treatment Intervention: A Randomized Trial. Sleep, Volume 30, Issue 05 (2005)
Long-term adherence to CPAP therapy can be predicted as early as three days following CPAP initiation
- Rohit Budhiraja, MD et al., Early CPAP Use Identifies Subsequent Adherence to CPAP Therapy, in, SLEEP, Vol. 30, No. 3, 2007
- Catcheside PG. Predictors of continuous positive airway pressure adherence. F1000 Medicine Reports. 2010;2:70.
- Olsen S, Smith S, Oei T, Douglas J. Health Beliefs Model Predicts Adherence to CPAP before Experience with CPAP. Eur Respir J. 2008 Apr 16.
CPAP improves your patients’ ability to function day-to-day
- Continuous positive airway pressure treatment of sleepy patients with milder obstructive sleep apnea, in, American Journal of Respiratory and Critical Care Medicine, 2012 Oct 1;186(7):677-83
- National Health and Medical Research Council, Australia. Effectiveness of nasal continuous positive airway pressure (nCPAP) in obstructive sleep apnoea in adults. NHMRC Report, Feb 2000.
CPAP improves cardiovascular outcomes in people with heart failure
- Mansfield DR, Naughton MT: Sleep apnea and congestive heart failure. Minerva Medica 95(4): 257-280, 2004
- Buchner NJ, Sanner BM, Borgel J, Rum LC. Continuous Positive Airway Pressure treatment of mild to moderate obstructive sleep apnea reduces cardiovascular risk. Am J Respir Crit Care Med 2007; 176, 1274–80
- Marin, S. Carrizo, E. Vicente, A. Agusti . Long-term cardiovascular outcomes in men with obstructive sleep apnoea-hypopnoea with or without treatment with continuous positive airway pressure: an observational study. Lancet 2005; 365 (9464), 1046-1053.
Replacing PAP masks routinely
Replacing PAP masks routinelyDownload the document PDF (168.08 KB)