The Importance of CPAP Follow Up
Published on November 11, 2022
To ensure your VitalAire CPAP therapy is still delivering the optimal level of care, regular follow-ups with our sleep apnea experts are essential. Your local VitalAire clinic is only a phone call away and, should you have any trouble with your therapy, we’re here to help!
Here are 5 reasons why we recommend follow-ups at least once per year:
- We Can Evaluate Your Therapy Success – By listening to you and looking at your download data, we can identify what is working well and what we could do together to improve your therapy.
- We Can Assess and Troubleshoot Equipment – From water in your tubing to mask leaks, we can review your CPAP mask, unit and humidifier to ensure everything is working as it should.
- We Can Discuss and Resolve Complications – Even if your equipment is functioning correctly, you may experience sores, a dry nose or other complications. We are here to discuss any small complications and can work together to develop a solution.
- New Products May Improve Your Therapy – We are always assessing new products at VitalAire. We bring in the best of the best to help make CPAP therapy more comfortable and effective for you.
- Weight Fluctuations Can Affect Therapy – Both weight loss and weight gain, along with other health changes, can impact your therapy. If you’ve experienced a change in weight, your CPAP unit may require a pressure adjustment or we may need to contact your physician to alter your therapy.
To ensure that you get the most out of your CPAP therapy, ongoing follow-up, troubleshooting and updates are crucial. Your VitalAire team is here to help.
Please contact your local VitalAire clinic to book your yearly follow-up appointment.