Reopening VitalAire Clinics for In-Person Appointments
VitalAire Clinics are Open for In-Person Appointments
IMPORTANT INFORMATION FOR PATIENTS
Since mid-March, Canadians across the country have made sacrifices to help slow the spread of COVID-19. As a result of our collective efforts, signs are indicating that the curve is starting to flatten nationally. VitalAire is proud to be a provider of critical home oxygen and a partner to government health authorities in the fight against COVID-19. Our teams have been on the front lines providing oxygen for patients in need at hospitals, temporary treatment centers, long-term care facilities and at home.
As a designated essential service provider, we also adapted our services by offering virtual appointments, remote oxygen set up and curbside delivery and pick-up. These virtual services are still the safest option for our patients and healthcare teams.We recognize that we are still in the midst of this pandemic and we must continue to be vigilant and apply strict safety measures.
Taking Steps to Safely Accept In-Person Appointments
Our clinics are open and follow provincial health directives to ensure that strict protective measures are in place to safeguard against the spread of COVID-19. To ensure your safety and that of our healthcare team members, we have adapted our clinics by installing plexiglass shields, signage and floor decals. We have also implemented new clinic procedures for in-person appointments including:
- Requiring all VitalAire healthcare team members wear PPE during appointments.
- Pre-screening all patients for COVID-19 prior to accepting in-person appointments.
- Checking temperatures of all patients and healthcare team members using contactless forehead infrared thermometers.
- Requiring patients bring their own mask and put on the mask prior to entering the clinic. A surgical mask will be provided to patients who do not bring their own mask.
- Providing hand sanitizing stations and following strict hand hygiene protocols.
- Increasing the frequency of sanitization of high-touch areas and surfaces.
- Limiting the number of people inside each clinic at one time and practicing physical distancing protocols.
- Asking patients to wait in their cars or outside the clinic doors until scheduled appointment time.
Offering Virtual Appointments
While in-person appointments can be arranged, we encourage patients to take advantage of our new virtual services. Our virtual care appointments are conducted by our accredited team of sleep health professionals who will ensure each patient receives the same patient-centered premium sleep care. Virtual care appointments can be conveniently booked by calling our Customer Care Team at one of our provincial toll free numbers. Should you prefer to connect with a specific clinician, please contact your local office:
|QC, PEI & NB||1-866-294-9766|
Direct to Patient Shipping of CPAP Products
To ensure our patients have access to the products they need to continue CPAP treatment, we are offering shipping of sleep therapy equipment, masks and accessories. Patients can make a request for CPAP supplies online at VitalAire.ca. Our Customer Care Team will call you to provide a quote within one business day. Or contact our Customer Care Team by phone at one of the provincial toll free numbers to place an order. CPAP products can be shipped directly to you or contactless pick-up can be arranged. We are offering free standard shipping on orders of $75 or more (before taxes). We're here to provide you all the support and products you need to continue your CPAP treatment.
As we continue to move forward through COVID-19, we promise to keep the health and safety of our patients and our healthcare teams our top priority. Thank you for your continued trust as your sleep and oxygen healthcare provider.
Vice President, Healthcare - Canada