Clinic Open FAQ
VitalAire services are considered an essential service and as such our clinics remain open. We understand you may have some questions about what safety measures have been put in place to protect you and our healthcare teams.
How do I book an appointment?
VitalAire clinics remain open with the highest level of safety measures in place to protect and safeguard you against the spread of COVID-19.
In-person and Virtual Care appointments can be conveniently booked by calling our Customer Care Team at one of our provincial toll free numbers.
While in-person appointments can be arranged, we encourage patients to take advantage of our new virtual services. Our virtual care appointments are conducted by our accredited team of sleep health professionals who will ensure each patient receives the same patient-centered premium sleep care.
Have the clinic hours of business changed?
Yes. Some clinic hours of business have changed and some of our clinics are open with reduced hours. Please check our website or call our customer care team for the most up to date information.
What measures have been put in place to ensure my safety?
To ensure the safety of our patients and our healthcare team members we have adapted our clinics including installing plexiglass shields, signage and floor decals. We have also implemented new clinic procedures for in-person appointments including:
- Pre-screening all patients for COVID-19 prior to accepting in-person appointments.
- Checking temperatures of all patients and healthcare team members using non-contact forehead infrared thermometers.
- Requiring all VitalAire healthcare team members wear PPE during appointments.
- Requiring patients bring their own mask and put on the mask prior to entering the clinic. A surgical mask will be provided to patients who do not bring their own mask.
- Providing hand sanitizing stations and following strict hand hygiene protocols.
- Increasing the frequency of sanitization of high-touch areas and surfaces.
- Limiting the number of people in each clinic at one time and practicing physical distancing protocols.
- Asking patients to wait in their cars or outside the clinic doors until their scheduled appointment time.
What do I need to know for my in-person appointment?
All in-person appointment information will be shared with you prior to your appointment. To ensure the safety of you and our team members you should be aware of the following safety measures for your in-person appointment:
- We request, if possible, that you attend your appointment alone.
- Masks or personal protective equipment is mandatory for our health care team and our patients. Patients should bring their own masks to their appointment and put on the mask prior to entering the clinic, to allow us to reserve the use of our medical grade masks for our healthcare teams. However, if the patient does not bring their own mask, then we will provide the patient with a surgical mask.
- Upon arrival, we encourage you to wait in your vehicle until your scheduled appointment time.
- We will perform patient temperature checks utilizing a non-contact forehead infrared thermometer.
- We request that you follow the physical distancing signage and remain 2 meters/6 feet apart from other patients and clinical team members.
- We require that you clean your hands with hand sanitizer before your appointment. Disinfecting stations will be available at our reception desk.
Can I visit a clinic without an appointment?
Clinic requirements will vary by location. Please follow the instructions posted on the door before entering the clinic.
Should I wear a mask for my in-person appointment?
Yes. We require patients bring their own mask and put on the mask prior to entering the clinic. Masks or personal protective equipment will also be mandatory for our healthcare teams. A surgical mask will be provided to patients who do not bring their own mask.
Do I need to bring my own mask to my in-person appointment?
Yes. We require patients bring their own mask and put on the mask prior to entering the clinic. A surgical mask will be provided to patients who do not bring their own mask.
Is it mandatory for me to wear a mask for my in-person appointment?
Yes. The use of non-medical masks is mandatory by all patients visiting our sleep clinics. We require patients to bring their own mask and put on the mask prior to entering the clinic. Masks or personal protective equipment will also be mandatory for our healthcare teams. A surgical mask will be provided to patients who do not bring their own mask.
Can I bring a family member to my in-person appointment?
In order to respect safe distances, we are limiting the number of people in clinics. We request that, if possible, you attend your in-person appointment alone. Our virtual appointments are better suited to include family or members of your care support team. If you would like to include a family member we would encourage you to book a virtual appointment. Contact your local clinic to book your virtual appointment.
I’m not comfortable with an in-person appointment. Are you offering virtual appointments?
Yes. To provide the safest experience for you and our healthcare teams, VitalAire is offering virtual appointments. Contact us to schedule a virtual appointment. You will be provided with all of the information you will need and instructions on how to set up your call prior to your appointment. Our remote setups will provide you with the same support and guidance as one of our in-person appointments.
I have been booked for a virtual appointment - how do I access my appointment?
Prior to your appointment, you will receive an email with your appointment date, time and setup instructions. If you have any questions or difficulties setting up your call, our healthcare team is available to assist you. Call the phone number at the bottom of your email for help.
How can I order supplies?
VitalAire is offering free shipping on orders over $75 or contactless pick-up of CPAP products and sleep accessories. Order supplies or call our Customer Care Team to order replacement parts.
Can I come and pick up supplies in-person?
Yes. We are offering curbside pickup for any supplies that you may require. Please contact your local office to place your order and arrange for pickup. If you must come inside the clinic, please be aware of the new safety procedures that have been implemented at our clinics.
Will I receive new CPAP sleep equipment for trial?
Your health and safety is our highest priority. A new mask, heated hose and water chamber are included in the cost of starting treatment. At the start of treatment, you will also have the option to purchase a new CPAP machine or be provided a loaner machine to help you adapt to the therapy. All loaner equipment is cleaned and disinfected in compliance with strict provincial health and safety standards. Most insurance providers cover a portion or full cost of CPAP treatment.
People at the Center
Our patients are at the centre of everything we do. Positive health outcomes is our goal.
Quality & Safety
The health and safety of our patients is priority. All of our devices are Health Canada approved.
We hold ourselves to the highest standards. Integrity is at the core of everything we do.
Our licensed clinical therapists are experts in oxygen therapy and sleep apnea testing and treatment.
Our dedicated team will work with you to ensure that your therapy meets your health and lifestyle needs.
We will create a personalized care plan tailored to your needs and health status.